Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween in Utah

My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love Christmas too, but I love the spiritual side of Christmas and the feeling that seems to be in the air at Christmas. I love the commercial part of Halloween better than the commercial part of Christmas. I don't get much into the skeletons, the mummies, the scary movies nor do I like haunted houses, but I love dressing up and dressing my kids up. I love carnivals and carmel apples, chili and breadsticks. The kids got a flyer from school advertising a Halloween carnival. We spent the whole week getting ready and getting excited. Even Rick and I dressed up like we do every year. When we got there we were a bit dissappointed to find that we were the only adults that dressed up. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of Rick and I, but there is still Halloween and we will dress up again, even if we are the only adults who do. Fortunately we are going to the Olsens and they know how to celebrate Halloween. (Ps- If you are an adult and are reading this blog and don't dress up for Halloween that is okay. I don't want to offend anyone.) I used to make my kids a new costume every year, but with six kids it has gotten to be too much - too much time and too much money - so only three of them got a new costume this year. Courtney and Brittney chose to be characters from Harry Potter in celebration of the 7th book being released. Yes, to all of those who knew them when they were younger. They still love Harry Potter. They picked Hermione and Ginney and their cousin Holly was Luna. In other words these are last years costumes, but this years picture.

Sarah wanted to be a cheerleader, we had a bit of squable over what team she should be a cheerleader for. We have Ute, Aggie, Cougar, and Manchester United fans at our house. Manchester United does not have cheerleaders, but we voted on the other three and BYU edged the other two out.


Alex picked Courtney's old Harry Potter robe. We got him some Harry Potter glasses,but he just used the scar he has on his head from being hit by a car.
Brady chose Diego. He noramlly carries this back pack around full of toys he is keeping safe. If you look inside there is a baby jaguar, a cars t-shirt, and a couple of hot wheels.

"This is my Thomas Halloweeen." Brian


7 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

They are all so cute! I love to see the pictures of your kids. They all look so different! I love the same thing about Halloween. My kids have been counting down for a month!

berry family said...

cute kids and costumes.
Rashelle

The Cox Family said...

Love the costumes. I am a little home sick especially for the fall weather. It rained all weekend and I loved it, I even wore pants one day. Shirlyn

Melissa said...

I think Halloween is my favorite holiday too. Your kids are darling. I didn't realize you had 6! You have been a very busy mom. I love the big train. That is awesome.

The Laing Gang said...

Halloween is always more fun with you guys! We miss you!!!! Heather

Valerie said...

If there had been a prize for best dressd family at the carnival, you would have won it, hands down!! I loved every single costume! I think Thomas was my favorite, though. That was pretty fantastic! come trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. =)

Julie said...

Oh sooooooo cute! You are the best mom.