I have been in denial about Courtney's soon to be age. She has been eleven now for almost a year and I am very happy with eleven. I think eleven was a wonderful age. This year she turned into a great babysitter and very good house keeper. In other words Coutney was and is a very responsible, pleasant eleven year old making very good decisions in her life. I keep getting reminded by the young woman (twelve to eighteen year olds) of our church that she will be joining them soon. I have secretly thought in my head, "yeah, but not for a while, because she is still eleven". The other day we were at a restraunt with Rick's family where there were at least eight kids there. The waitress took all of our drink orders and brought everyone of the kids drinks out in a kid cup except Courtney's. It hit me at that moment that maybe she was really going to turn 12 soon. I can't believe it I will have a 12 year old on Friday. Happy Birthday Courtney!
7 years ago
4 comments:
Courtney...you look so cute in that picture. Miss ya
Shirece
It's just so crazy that our kids are getting so old. I remember moving to Harrogate with little kids and now - Jackson is 11 and that only means one thing - he is almost 12! I am totally there with you!
My word Old Lady do you really have a 12 year old? I guess you didn't get married when you were an old maid like me so it is possible. But wow! I had no idea. I still think of us as so young.
I hear ya! I am glad I'm not alone in the mother of a 12 -year old club! Thanks for always being right there with me Sharon, it makes the road less bumpy and more enjoyable! Love-Heather
Post a Comment