7 years ago
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Being Grateful
I beginning to understand in my life why one of the commandments is to be grateful. Life is so much better so much more fulfilled and so much more worth living when you are grateful. My unhappiest times in my life are not my hardest times or the time of most trial, but yet the times, when really everything is right I just don't seem to see that. Today one of Rick's coworkers found out his wife has stage 4 cancer. I couldn't think about it all day the thought just made me cry. Later tonight, I came home forgetting the wonderful day and summer that we had, and found my kids not in bed. I got upset and started complaining about their behaviour. After I put them in bed and they were all asleep, I felt so silly. They are good kids, not perfect kids, but good kids. I have a good husband who still has a job despite the economy. I have a home. I have dishes to do, which means I have food to eat. I have laundry to do, which means we have clothes to wear. Gratefulness is happiness. Thank you Heavenly Father. I am a very lucky, imperfect but happy woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, Sharon! Don't be so hard on yourself. I think everyone has a bad day even when everything is mostly going right. I know I have many a day like that. We need to have some kind of reunion sometime. I would love to see you.
Thanks for the reminder. I really needed that, we all do sometimes. Yeah, let's get together soon! Have you heard any thing from Lisa, Kendra, or Kara? We could pull something together next time Melissa comes to Utah.
Amen!
True. I know it's easy for me to forget to count my blessings when life seems to get hetic.
Thanks for taking Logan and Anya they other day it was a huge help.
Let me know if u all need anything.
Rashelle
Post a Comment