Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The First Day of School (one of my favorite holidays)

I always loved school growing up. I loved getting new clothes planning out my outfits. I love newly sharpened pencils and brand new crayons. I love learning. One of my favorite quotes is on "You've got mail" is "Don't you love NY in the Fall. It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a boquet of sharpened pencils if I knew who you are." The first day of school was like a holiday to me. I still get that same excited feeling a little bit like the feeling you get before Christmas, every year on the first day of school. I noticed some of my kids had the same reaction. Others however would make perfectly good hermits and fought the idea of going back. None the less here are the pictures of my two Intermediate school girls (Courtney and Brittney and friend), my two elementary schoolers (Alex and Sarah), and my two home schooled preschoolers (Brady and Brain). I didn't take a picture of my seventh year Masters student, Rick, who will graduate next summer, but even he was excited to go back.

2 comments:

The Laing Gang said...

What did Rick wear on his first day of school? :) I hope it wasn't pegged pants and a neon shirt although I do realize that they are coming back in style now.

berry family said...

Love the school pictures. Logan is loving school so far too. YEAH!