Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Heroes


The only super hero show the twins have ever seen is the Tick. Those of you who are real superhero experts realize that this is probably not the ideal superhero to expose your three year old toddlers to. However, they from their boyish insticts seem to know exactly what is expected from a super hero. They are very strong and can fly, fight the baddies with or with out a sword and of course rescue the princess. Okay, so the princess part was explained to them by their big sister Sarah. After watching our neighbor boy with his superhero cape they came straight to me and asked. "Mom do we have super hero capes?" I said no and a blanket became an immediate substitute. After tying and retying the blanket I could see that this was not going to work. I decided to make them super hero capes. I asked them "What superhero do you want to be." Not knowing any, they thought and then Brian answered. "My Daddy is my Hero." I replied "Your Daddy is my Hero too". After all he may not have to rescue me from the Joker or a dragon, but he does on occasion rescue the kids from my wrath or me from dinner. He is also very nice looking and if you're looking for someone to look up to, he is a good choice for that all around.

5 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

I love it. They couldn't be any cuter!

Anonymous said...

Two cute! Those twins are so adorable! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had no idea your son had been hit by a car! How awesome that he is okay. I have no doubt the Lord watched over him.

The Cox Family said...

I was just going through my photo albums tonight and I was looking at pictures I came across the England pics and when the twins were so itty bitty. I can't believe how big they are now. Shirlyn PS can't wait to see them gracie keeps asking me if they are toddlers now. Toddler is such a big deal to her because they are not babies anymore. She is really into this growing up phase.

The Laing Gang said...

Rick is our hero too!!! If I was as clever as you I would have made Mason a cape since I can never tie that silly blanket right!:)

Julie said...

How cute! Darling capes. Did you make them? You are amazing!