I was going to post more pictures of Halloween and let you know how it went. It went well and we had a lot of fun. But that is not what is on mind today and so I am going to blog about something on mind. (Sorry there are no pictures to go with it)
I have a lot of Heros in my life, many of you are probably reading this, the past year I have met a new friend and she has very quickly made my list of Heros. Her name is Amber.
Today my family and I had the chance to run in 5K or 1 mile, to help raise money for her she has caner. I am not going to go in to details for two reasons. One I don't know all them and two that is her story to tell, but I am writing this because I would like to thank her. I would just like to thank her for the opportunity that we had to serve her in a small way. As a family we gained a lot from the experience. Not only did I run the 5K without stopping and feel a sense of accomplishment for myself. I also felt how neat it is when a community comes together for a good cause. Amber is one of the neatest and strongest people I have ever met. Her and her family were the first to come and visit us and welcome us to the neighborhood, help us move in and bring us cookies. I personally have gained so much from her example and her testimony of the Saviour. Brittney considers Becca (her daughter) one of her absolute best friends and Becca has been nothing but a good friend, something she most likely learned from her mom. Although my time of knowing Amber has been short, I expect it will be much longer, I am a better person for knowing her not to mention after today a little more physically fit person also. I will continue to pray and for her and her family and for possibly some day a cure. A cure for disease that affects more and more people each day. I believe in miracles. I was apart of one today. A small part, but still a part.
Just a little note for my sisters, who got me into this running thing. I ran the 5K, not quite like the half of a half marathon you got me to run last year, but after a few months off and a few months of pushing the twins and running, I am starting to get the hang of things again. I ran the 5K and came in at the end of the runners but before the walkers and with a time of 35 minutes and 17 seconds. Very good for me. Not an olympic time or anything but none the less a time.
7 years ago
7 comments:
She sounds amazing! I always wonder how women, especially mothers handle a crisis like that. I hope she gets well soon.
You run 5ks like me, before the walkers but after all the runners. Good for you! I hope your friend recovers soon.
Sharon, you are awesome! Just think, we can run together every day when we live next to each other! :) Do you think Rick will wan't to run with Kelly?
I'm very proud of you Sharon. I'm glad I could help pass on Shirlny's craze of running. Unfortunately I will not be running any 1/2 marathons this Thanksgiving. Maybe next year!
when i think of what Heavenly Father asks us to endure, it strengthens my testimony that i truly am His daughter. He really does know us and what we can handle. It also helps me to know that we meet people for a reason. For them to help us and us to help them. Keep up with the running.
Way to go Sharon. I miss running with my sisters. We will have to do another race soon. Shirlyn May be in May when I come home.
Sharon,
Your sweet words made me cry. You too are an amazing person, and I am so grateful for all of your service and kindness! I am lucky to have you for a friend!
Post a Comment