7 years ago
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
HELP!
This is my second attempt to potty train the twins. The first time they both got the flu. The kind of flu that comes with diherea and throw-up. So needless to say I quit! I decided to try again under normal circumstances. It is not going very well to say the least. I am tired of cleaning up stuff that should be in diapers or in a potty. To top it off on my daily run today I stepped in somebody's dog sample. I feel like being the mom of six kids I have become somewhat of an expert in a lot of things. Potty training however is not one of those things. So I need all of you experts out there and I know your out there, to please give me some advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I am still not potty trained myself, so I don't think I can help you.
I potty trained my twins one at a time. Sadie seemed a little more ready. I spent 2 days doing nothing but potty training. Saylor would watch sadie alot and got to the point she wanted to try to. I put one on the big potty and one on the trainer and they would hang out together. They both were done by the end of the week. Make sure you have lots of stickers and treats for rewards.
Camie
If they are anything like your Sarah then good luck. LOL
I didn't bother with the boys until they were 3 and then they just got it. Jared needed a chart and we went to mcdonalds at the end - Jackson just did it.
Sandy
I don't know what to tell you. Dallin was my last one and he is sooo candy motivated it really worked. try this web site. I havn't really looked at it but it might have some good ideas.
http://www.shoppingfortwo.com/Articles/Toddler/Potty-Training/Potty-Training-Resources.htm
My advice is wait until the kids want to to be trained, then it will happen fast. I'm not a real expert since I've only trained a girl. I hear boys are much harder. So you might be giving me some advice in a few months.
A friend of mine said that she waite until her girls were 3 and up and they just decided by that time that they wanted to do it. Who knows! It all works in theory, but it is definetely no fun when your the one cleaning up the poo! I secretly like diapers though...no having to take them potty when I have a whole cart of groceries or having to check out every potty between home and the store. I love the fact that even though it may smell a bit I have some time to get to it! (I mean those in the vicinity won't love it, but it's good for me!) Just think, after the twins, you will never have to do it again! That gave me great pleasure with Mason. Hang in there, I wish I could be there to cheer to on and I could even watch one of the twins while the other has to go potty while at the store!
Parents are exposed to enough excrement at their own house...they should never have to step in something that belongs to someone else!
It was fun to see your comment on Valerie's blog...now I get to come snoop around on yours!!
Your family is beautiful!!
I waited until they were 3. They seemed to understand it and be able to do it more independently. I also gave up trying to do it at the same time. Jack did it first and then Jayde wanted to be like him.
It is probably my least favorite thing about being a mom. It is so hard.
Let me know what works and i will take notes for next time.
I waited until the twins were 3 1/2 and it was still hard! (BTW, looking at the comments here, I'm thinking that a LOT of your friends have twins too!) Here's what we did:
1. put on the undies
2. we used a TIMER (a MUST!) and started with it on every 20 minutes. Every time it went off, they had to sit on the potty for a few minutes. Once we started having "successes" they also washed hands and did the whole routine every time.
3. When it seems like you're not having accidents, increase the time between tries. 45 min, then 1 hour, then 2 hours. Then let them tell you when.
4. Have a chart with stickers or a small treat for every "success."
It could takes days or more to get past the first step! But it's much quicker after that. And good luck!!! I HATE potty training.
I swear my kids got harder to train the more I had. Good luck!
Sharon, I am right there with you but thank goodness I am only fighting one kid on potty training and not 2. We got #1 down, but never #2. I am just going to wait until Ammon is 3 (in February) and then try again. My sister did this after trying to get her little boy trained at 2-2/12. She just took a big break, and started fresh when he was 3 and she said it was easy peasy. Good luck!!!!!
Post a Comment