It'sa day away from the anniversary of 9/11. I watched a special on a couple nights ago and some important guy named Thomas Keene made a statement "This was a failure of policy, management, capability and above all a failure of imagination." I don't know how much I agree with that statement, except the very end. Perhaps it was just a "failure of imagination." A failure to imagine that the human race was capable of such destruction. I would like to imagine a world where we could travel from country to country without a visa, a passport, a photo id, because there is beautiful world out there full of wonderful people and I would love to get to know them better. I would love to imagine a world where even though we don't think a like or worship a like we all respect and love each other and as children of God and as brother and sisters. When Brady and Brian were born I was placed in a large room with about six other woman. Three were from England. One was from Spain, one from Turkey and I was from America. We all had the same goal to get our baby or babies healthy enough to take home. I talked to almost all of them. We weren't that different. We were all mothers who loved our tiny babies, who struggled to get them to sleep at night and to eat properly. It was a really neat experience. We have so much to offer one another and so much to learn from another.
When I send my five year old to Kindergarten and she comes home in tears because of some other five year old's comment. I wonder if it is even possible for such a place or such a world. But then you look at what people are capable of, and which was seen in the aftermath of 9/11. You heard of Muslims helping Jews, and others sacrificing their lives for the safety of others. I can't help but think we are capable of much more, including peace.
7 years ago
2 comments:
World Peace, World Peace....Name your favorite date....April 28, not too hot not too cold...World Peace World Peace
Great thoughts Sharon. We are more alike than we are different.
Post a Comment