
I have always loved the game of soccer. Growing up a family in our small town set up a soccer organization in the valley. You would pay a dollar a week and once a week all the kids interested would show up behind the elementry school divide up into ages and play for an hour with a coach. There were no other programs in our area nor was there money to seek programs else where so as a result I was not able to continue with it. When we moved to England I was reminded how much I loved the sport. Every child there can kick a football from the time they are one. While we were there the World Cup 2006 was played. It was awsome. We watched the England Portugal match on a projector type screen outdoors. Rick and I were geared up this year for the world cup. The excitement hear was not the same however. When we asked to watch the worldcup at Red Robin we had to explain to our waitress what sport that was. We bought our England shirts and US shirts and plenty of snacks, however we ended up dissapointed and with no one to cheer for after the first two rounds.
Alex had the opportunity to attend a Brittish Soccer camp this summer and we had the opportunity to host one of his coaches. It was alot of fun. I forgot how much I miss the accent. We took them to a British Restraunt and store. I had Fish anad Chips. SOOOO Good! I even bought some curly wurlies, Galaxy chocolate and Hob Nobs. You can call it soccer or football. I will still hear "futball" with a British accent ringing in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment