My sister came in from Hawaii for the month of July and as a result my other two sisters and I made our way home to spend some time together. I love having sisters. the only thing I hate about it is how far away they are. When we moved back from England they all moved away. We had a wonderful time - we shopped, we laughed, sewed, and we painted toe nails. Running with sisters is much more enjoyable then going by yourself. Shirece entertained us with plenty of stories, all very much worth hearing. We even accompanied our brother to the rodeo.
With me being the oldest and Rick being the youngest it works out that not very many of our kids have cousins their age, and if they do have a cousin their age, there is not very many of them their age. My sister has a little girl Sarah's age. They had a blast. We made them matching dresses, dressed their dolls up, made necklaces for them and their dolls and had a tea party in the middle of a field. Grandma even helped them make a stuffed animal. Alex got in on this too and now has a camouflage dog to his name.
I have been very close to tears the last few days. Saying Goodbye is not something I enjoy and having to do it three and four times over was more than I can bear. Sarah isn't to fond of goodbyes either and is going through withdrawals.v Hopefully we can do it all again next summer and just maybe if we have a reason, December.
3 comments:
I agree. It was so much fun. I've been totally depressed all week. Matt's like "Lisa, you just spent 2 weeks with your family you should be happy." And I was happy for 2 weeks but now I'm equally as sad that I had to leave. Oh, I'll post a couple of the grandkids and the tea party that I think turned out super cute.
I'm so glad you guys were able to spend time with your family! What a way to make memories for your kids.
Love the dresses you made. Let me know if you need anything. I know this fall your life is going to get crazy. So just call me I'll be glad to help.
Rashelle
Post a Comment