Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Brady and Brian

Brady
Brian

My Babies are three. I can hardly believe it. When I put them in bed tonight for the third time, (They are in toddler beds know and figured out that they can get out and come down anytime they want.) my heart was feeled with an overcoming feeling of gratitude and love. Our lives have been so blessed because of the twins. Three years ago on this day, we went into to the hospital, not sure if Brady would make it or not. When he was born I had never hear such a little cry. They flashed him in front of my face and quickly took him to the neo-natal unit of St. James hospital. Brian was born a minute or two later, he couldn't stop crying, but I did get to hold him for a few minutes. They are not sure if he hyperventilated from being separated from his brother and mom or if he had water in his lungs, but he turned blue and was put on a c-pap for the next day or two. I remember lying there a whole floor away from the neo-natal unit and wanting to hold my babies, but I was too sick to go to them and they were to sick to come to me. Eventually Brian was able to stay with me. I still longed to hold both of them to together instead of seeing them at separate times. I remember praying to my Heavenly Father and telling him my wishes and my fears. I wanted them to both be healthy so I could take them home together. It had been well over a week and Brady was not near ready to go home and Brian was getting close. I was wondering if I would ever get the chance to hold them together and if the would get the chance to be together. The next day a nurse from transitional care, where Brian and I were took us through a back door and in to the Neo-natal unit where Brady was. I got to hold my boys together. Heavenly Father and heard my prayers and answered them the best that he could. Brian and I left for home a few days after that and although I was happy to be going home with Brian and happy to be with the rest of my family, leaving Brady there all alone broke my heart. After a couple more weeks Brady was ready to come home. I will never forget the feeling of joy as we carried both twins to the car to go home. The next three months were practically sleepless, but I was so grateful to have both of my babies home with me and the rest of our family I didn't care. To this day and I am so grateful to hold them and hug them. I love hearing them finish each others sentences or when I can't understand Brady, Brian will interpret for me. I love their smiles and their laughs. I am thankful for all those who fasted and prayed for our family. It is because of your prayers and your Faith that Brady is with us today. I am thankful for Heavenly Father that hears and answers prayers and that walks with us even when he can't take our trials away. Call me crazy, but I am thankful for trials, they keep me humble, and help me learn and grow. And I am Thankful for my twins.
Happy Birthday Brady and Brian.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Sharon, I am so glad to hear that your boys are doing so well. That must have been so horrible. Andy was born 6 weeks early and had to be on the cpap (sp?) and I was too sick to go to him for a whole day. It was the most awful feeling. It isn't natural for a mom and her baby to be seperated, or twins. I'm glad it all worked out. I love reading your posts. You'll have to tell me how you got so lucky to have twins. I'm sure it is a lot of work but it just seems so fun too.

Lindsay Jones said...

I am so glad to hear the story of the boys' birth. I was about to post the story of Jackson and Jayde for their birthday, how strange their birthdays are so close! I understand the heartwrenching feeling of not being with your babies after they are born. It was so hard! Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to two cute boys! It is certainly a blessing they're both doing so well. Heavenly Father knew what He was doing - they're here for a reason.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday boys! I think it would be fun to have twins. I can only imagine their interactions with each other.

berry family said...

Happy Birthday to the boys! They are cute little boys. You are such a wonderful mother.
Rashelle

Shirece said...

"You little stinker punks," says Shirece.
"No, Im not stinker punk, you are." says The Twins

Valerie said...

Happy birthday, boys! Getting to their third birthday is a pretty big accomplishment, for the MOM! Glad you've servived it this far, Sharon. Your kids are beautiful, and I just love your whole family!