I got a little bit lazy this year and I just could't muster up the strength to do a Christmas letter. Then I decided to get into the spirit of the new electronic age (My husband will be so proud) and post it on our blog.
Rick got out of the Navy in 2007. We felt like for the next few years we needed to be closer to family for a lot of reasons. We turned down a few job offers in Virginia and focused on jobs in the Western United States, and more specifically Utah. After a few months of being unemployed and living with my wonderful inlaws, he got a job at ATK Launch Systems working on the Ares rocket. He loves his job and we are all very grateful for it. We bought a home in Northern Utah. We closed on our home Dec 31 of last year. Due to complications on the seller's part, we spent the next week in a hotel room waiting for the keys. Six kids in one room was a little packed. All of these experiences helped us to appreciate having a home a little bit more. We have spent this last year moving in and we are still moving in. I still have hidden boxes in the unfinished part of my basement that I have not found the courage to attack yet. The kids are adjusting. Utah has its own little culture, its not a bad culture, its just different and it took us all a little by surprise. Courtney still gets some spelling words marked wrong because she spells them the British way.
Courtney and Brittney started taking drama. After taking a little break, Courtney is doing violin once again and is seventh grade orchestra. She turned 12 in October. Brittney has decided she no longer wants to be a princess or a ballerina and has decided her new dream is to be on American Idol and drive a sports car, but her favorite colour is still pink. Alex loves living almost next door to his cousin and loves reading Calvin and Hobbes. We did have to make a rule that just because Calvin and Hobbes can do it,does not mean it is safe for you to try. He has tried taking our wagon down the hill with him and a friend in it and jumping off our porch with an umbrella tied to his waist. Sarah started Kindergarten and dance this year and was a little skeptical of both, but is doing really well now. The twins are growing up so fast. I hoped to report them both potty trained in this letter, but that will have to wait until next year. They are both talking loads. You can't take your eyes off them for a minute or they will plot an attack within seconds and have it carried out instantly. I have really enjoyed spending time with them while the others are at school.
Courtney and Brittney started taking drama. After taking a little break, Courtney is doing violin once again and is seventh grade orchestra. She turned 12 in October. Brittney has decided she no longer wants to be a princess or a ballerina and has decided her new dream is to be on American Idol and drive a sports car, but her favorite colour is still pink. Alex loves living almost next door to his cousin and loves reading Calvin and Hobbes. We did have to make a rule that just because Calvin and Hobbes can do it,does not mean it is safe for you to try. He has tried taking our wagon down the hill with him and a friend in it and jumping off our porch with an umbrella tied to his waist. Sarah started Kindergarten and dance this year and was a little skeptical of both, but is doing really well now. The twins are growing up so fast. I hoped to report them both potty trained in this letter, but that will have to wait until next year. They are both talking loads. You can't take your eyes off them for a minute or they will plot an attack within seconds and have it carried out instantly. I have really enjoyed spending time with them while the others are at school.
I still miss England and think that I always will. I had a wonderful time there. I met so many great and amazing people there. I learned so much. It will always hold a very special place in my heart. I have been praying that someday we will be able to return. After all I prayed for twins...
Have a wonderful holiday season and a Merry Christmas
8 comments:
You guys looks so cute. I like the colors...good choice.
really? you prayed for twins? You always amaze me. Every time I have a really good trial, I think of you and how you pray for them. thanks for the update. i will be getting our letter out soon.
So cute! I love to see your cute family! I think I should post a "letter" too. It is fun to hear what everyone is doing. You are an amazing mom.
What a cute family! You and Rick haven't changed. What do you mean bigger? You all look great.
Cute family picture. I will soon be your neighbor(OK next city over.)
Call if you need anything.
Rashelle
Love the update on the family. The basement looks great. It looks so spacious. Shirlyn
I am glad that I am not the only shirker of Christmas cards! I decided that being nice to my family at this happy time of year was more important! We are glad that you moved close to Idaho so we could see you lots more, although as Kelly especially would say, "You could of moved next door to us!" (I do agree!) At least we will be even closer in Omaha! We love you guys! Merry Christmas!
Got your card the other day. I loved it.
Thanks,
Lisa
Post a Comment