Monday, August 18, 2008

One year ago

It has been almost exactly a year since we left England and moved back to the United States. I have been struggling since we moved here trying to make Utah my home again. What I thought would be my easiest move yet, has turned out to be my hardest. It's not because we have not been blessed. We ended up buying a nice home and most of my kids can walk to school, and to church. But I am afraid my heart is still in England. I miss the wonderful, people and the beautiful country side and my Garden. I miss hearing the accent. I never thought I would say this, but I miss roundabouts and even driving on the other side of the road. Rick asks me questions all the time trying to figure out why I don't like it here yet, when really there is nothing wrong with my life or situation here and I have come to the conclusion that that is exactly why I don't like it. I am not growing at all. We had quite a trial finding a job and a home and now Rick has a wonderful job and we have a wonderful home and it's almost like we are just going along with no real trials. We have the everyday 2 year old stuff X's two. Like Brain who loves to flush things down the toilet and then yells "down the tunnel" He has tried flushing a webkin, a hair comb, a lego plate and plastic food down the toilet.Those are the things we have gotten out, or his "unsuccesses". Obvisouly he has had some "successes" because the toilet is clogged beyond my ability to repair and I will have to call a plumber. So we will have to wait until the plumber comes to find out exactly what his success was. It's quite often I turn around to see that one of the kids has given or put a marker or crayon with in the twin's reach and the evidence of such is on the walls, the barstools, kitchen table and living room endtables, but it's really hard to get to mad considering when they were first born we didn't even know if Brady would make it or not. And so I guess what I am saying is maybe it's time for me to have a trial again to remind me to be greatful, and I hopefully than I will remember to focus on the things in life that really matter. And so I can once again rely totally on my Heavenly Father like I had to in England. And then again maybe I will just enjoy this time of no trials, because if we have all learned one thing about this life it is that trials do come. Nonetheless, I still miss England terribly.

8 comments:

The Cox Family said...

it's about time. I need to call you very soon. Shirlyn

Suebee said...

I'm so glad you have joined the blogging world. You make me want to go to England too.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I'm not to that point yet but you can read my blog and see the last 3 entries.

http://dontcallmemummy.blogspot.com

Sandy - also known in the internet blog world as Mom not Mum

Valerie said...

Yay! You have a blog! I can't wait to see what your kids post. And be sure to update us on Brian's "success" once the plumber gets things going again! haha

Angie said...

Soo good to see you in the internet world. i can't wait to see your kids. I have only seen the twins as babies. you should check out our blog. we have had enough trails in the last few months to hold us over for a long time. I will email our address and all of our hard times. can't wait to see more!!!

berry family said...

If, you miss the rain from England because I heard it rains alot over there. You can come and visit me in Washington, it hardly evers stops here.
Rashelle

Melissa said...

Sharon, this is Melissa Peck Camacho your old roommate from Snow. I think about you all the time and was hoping for some way to connect. I'm glad you have a blog. Lindsay told me about it. I'm surprised to hear you are in Utah and I am wondering why you were in England. E-mail me sometime and tell me how many are in your family now. missy_comet@yahoo.com

I'd love to hear from you. We also have a blog http://thecamachohouse.blogspot.com/

Talk to you soon and so glad to find you. I just love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sharon! It's so good to see you blogging! I've been after Shirlyn to get you online, and I was soooo excited to see you did! Would it be okay if I add you to my friends and family list? It sounds like your twins are like my twin nieces - into EVERYTHING. Oh, well. They're only this age once and this is how we create memories.

Shayla (Anderson) Johnson