Hiking in Zion's June 2009
Rick and I have always loved hiking. I decided I liked it after a three day back packing trip in the Escalantes with the Young Woman when I was seventeen or so. Rick pretty much spent his teenage years hiking. We went hiking a lot when we were dating, in fact he took me hiking in a dress to tell me he wanted to marry me. He officially proposed in Zion's Canyon. After our kids were born and they all came very quick we didn't do much hiking. It seemed too hard to keep them from getting sunburned and to hard to find safe trails etc. When the twins were born we decided we couldn't wait any longer and we decided to start hiking in whatever stage of life we were in. And so when the twins were six months old both Rick and I began packing them around on our backs. As a result we were able to see waterfalls in Germany's Alps and Malham's cove in England. We did some castle climbing and hiking in Ireland. We only did one hike last summer with the fam, but Rick and I went on a back packing trip with his nieces. This summer we decided we were going to do more hiking. So we started it off with a trip to Zion's. It was a little more complicated this time, because the twins are too big for backpacks, but they were troopers. Sarah loves hiking and complains the least, but is also the most daring. Alex says he hates it, but seems to smile the whole time. Courtney endures it and Brittney spends the whole trip in turmoil because if she stops whining we will think she likes hiking and if she doesn't stop whining we will keep hiking until she is too tired to talk.
6 comments:
I agree, very helpful but also really grumpy over here. Love the hiking pictures. We are going to be in Utah this next week. I would love to see you on our way to Idaho. I need to find your phone number.
Great Hiking pictures. My favorite is the one of Sarah. She looks like a pro. Shirlyn
Oh my little Sarah...what would we ever to without her. I love how you posted the picture of whiny Brittney. It fits perfectly with your discription.
Hey kidos!!! Thanks for sharing your candy from the 4th of July with me...I especially liked the brown taffy, the banana laffy taffys, and the lime cola tootie fruities. Good thing that when I get off work everything taste good.
Sounds like fun! Even though there is some whining involved, I'm sure as your kids get older they'll love to look back and remember these special times you spent together as a family.
What fun pictures!
Post a Comment